I hope you don't think I'm crazy, I wasn't gonna confess this here, but ATM talked me into it. Yesterday, on my way to work, I experienced a split-second glimpse into the future. It was dimly lit, I smelled cigarette smoke, people were cheering, and I was crying with joy. An Obama victory! It was real! I now feel a confidence.
I am going nuts with excitement for the upcoming birthday party -- I mean, look:


These skulls aren't even finished, but they are already looking good! I'm going to make one for my grandmother & for ATM's grandfather. KMHD (and Zach?) have been working on lovely full-size skeleton paintings & I just got my papel picado in the mail. It's gonna be festive! There'll be nachos! Cervezas! Fire pit! Friends! Enemies! Fantastic!
Sometimes I get a little ahead of myself and think of future party themes. How about "Awkward Office Party" or "Hee Haw"? With the office party, we can have copy paper boxes piled everywhere, a water cooler, and regrettable co-worker sex. Wait. Maybe not. With Hee Haw, well, any excuse to be Minnie Pearl, amirite?! Aw, shucks.
On Monday, Judge called me into his chambers. He sat me down & asked me about my career @ ACORN. Yes, that ACORN. When I was 18-19, I was in their employ. I did voter registration. I got paid per LEGITIMATE form I turned in. So, at the end of the day, I'd turn in my stack of filled out forms & ACORN would screen them and go through each and every one to see if they were filled out correctly. If a person didn't sign it, it couldn't be processed. If a person listed a P.O. BOX instead of a real address, it couldn't be processed. If there were obvious fake names, it couldn't be processed. All of these things are reported to the election commission, so they can screen them, too. Of course Judge knew that all of the negative news you hear about ACORN on the news is the work of Republicans, but he seemed genuinely amused that one of his own employees used to work for a now infamous organization. I jokingly told him that I probably should've disclosed this information to him in my resume.
Man, FEAR ANTS could really use an intern! I wish I could hire someone to help me organize & manage my photos. All one trillion of them. And O.P.P. I'm behind! All of my projects are starting to catch up with me! Need. More. Time. In. Day.
BIG NEWS: ATM is an uncle! Karla, his sis-in-law gave birth this morning! His name is Daniel Cade Morgan, Jr., but will be called Cade, the surname of ATM's late grandfather. That's some circle of life stuff right there!
5 comments:
Those are some good lookin' skulls.
I await more stories from your subversive past.
It's all coming together! I am so excited for your party.
Ai Lien, your blog cracks me UP. I look forward to every posting.
I must also confess to a little bit of looking ahead. What..if..he...WINS??
My youngest son is 9, and can't remember a time when Bush wasn't President. That's just no way to live.
P.S. I also used to work for ACORN. For 3 days. Love those guys, support their efforts, but it wasn't a good fit for me.
But it DOES mean that I can be President someday!! Yeahhh!!
Or a really funny blogger.
I'm reserving some time to make & decorate skulls today. I really like it, but it is hard trying to make them not look Halloweeny.
I'm excited about this party, too. Especially the part about nachos.
Glen! He will so win! Then we can lift that awful Bush curse off your son, dang.
RE: ACORN, it was hard work and I didn't get paid accordingly. I didn't last too long. Then I started my fine career at Pizza Don'ts.
Post a Comment